This is the second most asked question I get all the time. How to monetize your blog? As part of my Blogging 101 series I’m going to show you how you can monetize your blog!
Can you really make money by just blogging? Yep, you sure can! You really can make money from writing a blog. Many people are realizing that having a blog and writing about whatever they feel or life experiences, or advices, or whatever it is that they are “experts” at can in fact be quite a profitable venture. Some have taking up blogging as a part-time job, some do it just as a hobby to earn a little bit of extra income. You can earn a full-time income or a part-time income from blogging, but remember blogging is not a “get rich quick” type of gig. As I’ve stated in my post How To Start A Review Blog, blogging can be very hard work. It takes time and dedication. And if you’re reading this post, you’ve most likely have accepted that and want to take your blogging up a notch!
[bctt tweet=”Lists of sites you can use to #MonetizeYourBlog! ” username=”OneUniqueQueen”]
There are many ways you can make money from blogging: Advertising and Sponsored Posts, Affiliate Marketing and Selling Products and Services. Within these three categories there are many different ways you can earn money. With just a little research on these three ways of monetizing your blog you can surely find an area where it will best suit your needs. There is no right or wrong way to monetize your blog. And truth be told, it’s all about trial and error. Find what will work for you and your blog and stick with it.
Before you begin adding ads and affiliate links on your blog there are a couple rules YOU MUST follow:
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires all bloggers to disclose their affiliate relationships. You need to make sure that you are clearly stating that there is an affiliate link in your blog post. You also need to make sure it is in your disclosure policy. If you’re unfamiliar with the FTC guidelines – I highly recommend you read the FTC report for more information.
- Google requires you to have the nofollow attribute added to all sponsored posts and paid links, which includes affiliate links. If you don’t add the nofollow attribute to your paid and affiliate links you are in violation of Google’s policies. Google can ban your blog from their search results, which in turn can significantly hurt your traffic and blogging business. So it’s best to make sure that all your links have the nofollow attribute.
Below I’m going to list a few sites that you can join so you can start making money on your own blog. All these sites are free to join. I would never ever refer you to a site that charges you money.
Advertising & Sponsored Posts:
- Best Buy Bloggers – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- LinkVehicle – Earn money by Sponsored Posts
- Blogher/Sheknows – Earn money by Sponsored Social Media posts
- Social Publi – Earn money from your social media posts
- Webfluential – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- Socialix – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- Izea/Social Spark – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- Blogdash – Earn money by Sponsored Posts
- Tapinfluence – Earn money by Sponsored Posts
- Influence Central – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- iConnect – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- Social Fabric/Collective Bias – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- Sponsored Tweets – Earn money by Tweeting
- Sponsored Reviews – Earn money by Sponsored Posts
- Blogsvertise – Earn money by Sponsored Posts and Social Media posts
- Cooperatize – Earn money by Sponsored Posts
- ShareASale – Place ads for tons of stores/brands
- Amazon Associates – Place ads for products and services that are on Amazon
- Linkshare/Rakuten – Place ads for tons of stores/brands
- Google Adsense – Place ads within your blog niche
- CJ/Commision Junction Affiliates – Place ads for tons of stores/brands
- Escalate Network – Place ads for tons of stores/brands
- ShopHer Media – Place ads for tons of stores/brands
- Educents – Place ads and Sponsored posts for education
- Panthera Network – Place ads for tons of stores/brands
- LivingSocial – Place ads for local deals
- Skimlinks – Links are automatically added to your content
- VigLink – Converts links to revenue generating links
Selling Products & Services:
- Ebooks – Write and sell your own ebook. You could also use your blog to sell hardcover books. Blurb.com is a great website if you’re interested in self publishing.
- Homemade Goods – Selling products that you’ve made at home, such as beauty products, clothing, accessories, etc…
If you have any other sites or ideas you’ll like to see added to this list, please leave a comment and I’ll be sure to add it in.
What’s your favorite ways to make money from your blog? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST DOES CONTAIN AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS.